Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Washington University in St. Louis
Student Financial Services


Apply for Financial Assistance

Washington University offers many scholarships and grants to students who demonstrate financial need. To apply for need-based financial assistance, please submit the following:
Family Financial Profile (FFP)Noncustodial Parent Statement (NCPS), if your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married
Once our office receives this information, we will consider your family's financial circumstances. Your financial assistance award is based on the information you and your parents provide. Washington University uses this information to estimate the amount your family can pay toward your educational expenses. If you are not applying for Washington University-funded assistance, only a FAFSA is required to be considered for federal and state financial aid.
Current international students who wish to apply for need-based financial assistance for the first time should contact the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) at directly for information about the application process.
We understand every student's and family's concern about the reliability of award renewal. Each year, SFS will send you information regarding how to prepare to renew your financial assistance award for the coming academic year.
In order to renew your award, we will ask that you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 31. You will use the unique PIN assigned to you when you filed the FAFSA for the first time. Our federal school code is 002520.
Once our office receives your FAFSA, we will consider your family's financial circumstances and renew your award. If all documentation is complete, the student should expect to receive an email when their award is available to view online around mid-May each year.
In general, if your family's financial circumstances remain the same, your award will remain the same or increase slightly from one year to the next. However, it is important to realize that need-based assistance is based on your family's financial circumstances and will be re-evaluated each year.
Current international students who wish to renew their award should contact the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) at for information about the renewal process.
Student Financial Services • Washington University in St. Louis • One Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1041, St. Louis, MO 63130
(888) 547-6670 or (314) 935-5900 • (314) 935-4037 Fax • • Located in N. Brookings Hall, Room 75 • M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm CST